Strabens Hall requires an experienced, commercially-minded and articulate individual to join the Technical (Paraplanning) Team at its London (West End) office.
Job Role: Paraplanner
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Location: Soho, London (UK) with flexible home working
About Strabens Hall
Established in 2007, the firm employs c. 20 people and provides financial planning, wealth structuring and investment advice to high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals resident in the UK and abroad.
The firm acts for a wide range of clients, and is recognised as being a leader in its field by both third party professionals and industry media; recognised by CityWealth Magic Circle awards for Financial Advisory Firm of the Year – for three years running.
The main accountabilities of the role are:
1. Delivering accurate, well-drafted and compliant advice within agreed timescales and cost budgets
2. Providing technical resource to the adviser team
3. Acting as an effective point of liaison between adviser and support teams
4. Contributing to the continued improvement of the client experience and the firm’s knowledge base
In order to be able to meet the demands of the role it is anticipated that the successful candidate will:
1. Be qualified to QCF level 6 and have worked as a paraplanner at a senior level previously
2. Have experience of dealing with arrangements such as family investment companies, share options (inc. EMI) and international pensions, in addition to the more typical financial planning product solutions
3. Be able to demonstrate their ability to work under pressure
4. Have day-to-day involvement with clients
5. Be capable of drafting concise and accurate correspondence
The firm operates a flexible working policy including variable hours and splitting time between attendance at the office and remote working. The successful candidate will need to be willing to attend and make contributions to marketing and social events the company organises for clients and professional connections.
Who will this role suit?
The role will suit a dynamic individual with a positive, commercial, attitude who also has a conscientious work ethic, and is keen to get broad-based experience across financial planning and investment management at a leading advisory firm, with exposure to more detailed technical work.
Support for professional study is available and the company actively encourages staff to progress their careers.
Compensation will be agreed with the successful candidate in line with their experience, to include salary, potential bonus and benefits.
The core hours are 09:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday, but at times there will be a requirement to work outside these, including attendance at events the company organises for clients and professional connections.
Why work with Strabens Hall?
Strabens Hall is a multi-award winning firm, recognised for its professionalism and standards throughout the industry. Amongst its employees, past and present, it is rated 5* (see glassdoor review here).
Our team are a group of talented individuals from different backgrounds and ages, with differing skillsets, and we work with a collegiate approach where we value individual’s ideas and opinions.
We have regular team social events and outings twice a year and ensure we keep our employees’ wellbeing at heart.
Additional perks come as standard:
– Competitive salary
– Company Pension and health care scheme
– Season ticket scheme
– Cycle to work scheme
– Centrally-based offices in the heart of London with access to multiple methods of transport and allowing you access to a huge variety of restaurants, cafes, bars and shops
Contact us here with your CV to discuss in more depth.
Are you interested in joining the Strabens Hall team?
If you would like to apply for the above position please send your CV, with a covering letter by email, to email@example.com. Please use the job title as the email subject.